Saturday, March 27, 2010

Music in my life.

Everyone ought to have their favorite kind of music, and also their least favored music genre/s.

"Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River"
Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

While I listen to almost all genres, I prefer country, like John Denver, Faith Hill, Shania Twain's songs and more. I also love pop songs, like Kelly Clarkson's and pop rock Kris Allen's songs.

These people that I favored their songs so much is because they have unique voices, voice that could make them a real singer. Michael Bublé and Adam Levine of Maroon 5, have that unique voices that made their singles and songs a hit worldwide, Celine Dion and Faith Hill have that strong voices that went perfect with "Because You Loved Me" and "There You'll Be' respectively.

"In my dream I always see you soar above the sky
In my heart there always be a place for you for all my life"

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

But lately, our radios are filled with songs from new artists, singers, and the likes. What I noticed is that, most of these songs are popularized not due to the quality of their voices that are equal or better than the artists I've mentioned above, but rather due to their catchy lyrics and beats. Rarely did I found new new singers with great voices, saves for Kris Allen, Susan Boyle and David Cook.

Some, like David Archuleta, has a great voice, and probably could be a phenomenal singer. Just listen to his performances in American Idol, and you'll be mesmerized. But after American Idol, try to observe the songs, singles, and debuts he did. It just doesn't appeared as appealing as the songs he sang during American Idol, well at least to me and my mom, though.

Judging on other than the song itself, newbie singers mostly doesn't have a good voice. Try Akon. I mean, seriously, even that not-so-great voice of his, he's famed worldwide for his songs. Try Iyaz of "Replay". For me, he has a nasal voice. While it does appeared as favored by, I dare say, the majority of the world, probably due to his catchy lyrics and "cool" beats. But in the mean time, I beg to differ. Justin Bieber, in one case, I think he's too young to be singing. I mean he's 16,and even with that age, he has voice sounds like a boy under 10. People probably likes him due to his appearance, as he does has a decent looks, and once again, catchy lyrics and funky beats.

Well, all in all, I think that everyone has their own perception when it comes to music. Its just matters of different preference towards different genres of music. I did not mean to criticize those mentioned above, but rather just expressing my opinions about them. No hard feelings intended.

That's all from me. Cheers !

Thank you for the music
The songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty ?
What would life be ?
Without a song or dance what are we ?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

Thank You For The Music - ABBA

2 comments:

  1. Like your post very much....isnt your taste of musics was mostly influence by moi, your mum he he...

    your mum...

    ReplyDelete